NATURAL STONE MAINTENANCE
There is nothing more beautiful than the look and durability of natural stone. With the right care and regular maintenance, your stone can last a life time. Marble, however, will have a worn look overtime. Here are a few suggestions and instructions on how to take care of your natural stone counter tops.
Granite, Marble and Quartzite
- For basic, everyday cleaning use soap and water
- For deeper, weekly cleaning use a stone cleaner that is made for sealed countertops, with no harsh chemical
- If no 15-year sealer is purchased, homeowner is responsible for sealing counter top at least once a year
MANUFACTURED STONE MAINTENANCE
Quartz is a man made material. It is durable but needs to be protected from excessive heat. We suggest using heating pads at all times to protect the counter top from melting or burning. Quartz is also stain resistant, but not stain proof. Meaning that if you spill red wine or spaghetti sauce on your counter top, you shouldn’t leave it on there for a long period of time. Here are some suggestions and instructions on how to maintain your quartz counter tops.
- For every day cleaning use a soft sponge or dishcloth with soap and water
- For stubborn clean ups use GENTLE liquid cleaner like Mr. Clean or Simple Green.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning agents such as regular Comet and Ajax. These types of chemicals may etch or discolor the surface.